Monday, November 14, 2016

Masked Emotions

I dreamt that part of my job designation included the planning of an upcoming convention for the board of directors who were flying in to attend. This had to be conducted via email with the folks on the other side because of the geographical location involved. The renovation guys next door rang me and insisted that I sprint to the site because something interesting was occurring inside the property.

Yeah, my house.



I arrived at the lakefront property to find an extra pair of guy shoes at the doorstep. Those guys denied that it was theirs, which let me frozen for a while before I digested the news and flipped. The only other person having access to the property is my sister. I didn’t enter because I knew what occurred: my sister must have brought a guy over without my prior knowledge and consent. I stood facing the lake and gathered my breath. I didn’t want to create a scene and embarrass everyone present. My brother arrived and asked for more details, but I thumbed towards the house. It was better for him to check things out for himself. Chaos immediately ensued not longer after he entered the house. I presume that he confronted the owner of the shoes and reprimanded him.

Desiring to take my mind off things, I watched a play and the finale was a female lead curled on the floor, unconscious. The male lead knelt next to her and embraced her in his arms.

I'm not sure how to interpret the dream. If needs be, the house in the dream is a metaphor for my heart. The lake, a visual representation of serenity. The chaos, an indication of the state of disarray I am in. Perhaps the dream is attempting to warn me that I’m emotionally spent and need a break from everything. For a more concrete interpretation, I’ll have to extract the important elements from the dream for a separate analysis before patching them back together for an explanation.

So, my readers, what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Nice sharing, but I'm really bad at interpreting dreams........ I'm back from trip & resuming my blog hopping! Have a good week, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Shirley! =) Welcome back from your trip, and hope you had fun! x

      Delete
  2. The beginning is almost like one of those suspense thriller movies where you're yelling at the protagonist to "not go up the stairs", but instead "run outside". I'm glad you didn't go inside that house. But, I also wonder what might have happened if you did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess if I entered the house, it'll probably mean that I'll be confronted with things that I don't want to face? Or, perhaps things that I'm subconsciously avoiding in reality? =/

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...