Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Perplexed Animosity

I dreamt that we were involved in fighting scenes. One was precariously close to the edge of a swimming pool, which frightened me because I can’t swim. Relieved and spent, we huddled around a table for a discussion when my Criminal Law coursemate barged in with a charcoal. Annoyance spewed from his ears. He couldn’t believe that history repeated itself and we were stuck in the same seminars again. As if that wasn’t bad enough to soil my day, I smashed my spectacles into pieces.



In the next scene, we were all dolled up in formal wear and en-route to an official function when our cars were overpowered by bad people. We, however, managed to throw them out of the car. There was another scene at the airport, where a group of us - including me - was held hostage inside while on our way to catch our respective flights out of the country. We were released when someone resembling Superwoman came to our rescue.

When I returned home, I was a tad bit upset but resigned to the fact that I didn't get a credit for my creative writing research essay. The final mark was only a high pass of 63.

I don’t have to interpret the fighting scenes because I was watching Totally Spies on YouTube before bed. It’s safe to assume that my subconscious was heavily influenced by the intensity that it was projected in the dream. The part that I’m flummoxed about is the presence of the Criminal Law chap. Dreams don’t usually throw me awake unless it’s realistic or emotional. This one felt… like it’s a precursor to something that will happen. Plus, it’s not like we’re in constant contact - the last time I saw him was at the Showgrounds before the exam. Even in the dream, my sixth sense kept hinting that it'd be in DRE, not Corporate that we'll cross paths - but we'll see what happens when the time comes.

I can’t break the dream apart because I don’t know where to start.

2 comments:

  1. Wait... what? You can't swim? Now I'm not a very good swimmer, but I can stay afloat. You need to learn! It's an essential life skill. I foresee swimming lessons in your future please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually went for a crash course in Auckland when I was younger (and living it up in Waitakere), but I won't classify myself as being able to swim, hence 'I can't swim'. I'm not good with swimming strokes either. The only one I know is the sidestroke - and terrible in it.

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...